Monday, April 11, 2016

Shelby Sue's Monday Mood Tunes: Sassy and Unloved Edition

This Monday Mood Tunes is brought to you by my sassy, unloved self and the tunes that I listen to and  go, "this is so me."

 

Because those who know me, know I am a little sassy. And all of you know I am clearly, pretty damn single. Why?  By choice, situations, love being hard, and just life.

So if you are like me and are just living and loving life, but occasionally feel a little unloved, this mix is definitely for you.

Let's Get Down together.



15 Sassy Lovely Tunes for the Different Moods of the Single and Unloved


For when you generally love your life...

Can't Control the Weather by Fairground Saints

This tune makes me want to drive out to the old train bridge. It puts you in a carefree mood that just makes you crave adventures. Also, if you have a "dance it out" playlist, this one is a solid dance it out song. If you need a pick me upper, again a solid song. It is one of those tunes that does not wrong. It is one that mixes genres, so you can't classify it. Give it a chance and you won't regret it.



For when your friends and family keep questioning your singleness....

Into the Wild by Connel Cruise 

If I ever have a movie about my life, this song will make the cut for the final score. Why? Because it is that good. Why does our ability to be a human revolve around our relationship status? That is just it. It doesn't have to and we simply do not care that our singleness is affecting you. So into the wild world we go...alone and ready for whatever comes our way. Get ready to feel empowered my loves.


 

When you are really excited about your date...with your takeout...

"Coming Home to You" by The Little Estate Ft. Allie Crystal

Let us be real. You have definitely heard this tune. Probably on some cheesy commercial, but it is perfect for the love between you and food. After a long day at work or doing whatever you do, food is the real MVP.  So own it and adore the fact that food is always there for you.



When you get asked on a date by someone who is really attractive...

"HandClap" by Fitz and the Tantrum 


You feel like you walk on water. You are Beyonce. Though, let us be honest you are awkward and have been out of the dating game so long, you are not even sure what one is like. But still,  you feel like you are the best damn thing. And you are. So put on this Fitz and the Tantrum song and get down with your badself. Because you are golden.



When you see a cute person at the bar, think they are waving at you, but it is really to the person behind you...

"Katy's Side" by Jess Godwin

Because we all have a moment of envy and well, it is not always that pretty. At least Jess Godwin makes it sound pretty. This is a more eclectic and sassy version of Taylor Swift's "You Belong with Me". Do not let that scare you off. I swear it is a solid song, sang by a person with big pipes. It might not be for all you because it does have a bit of a Broadway sound... but I like it. Obviously... or I wouldn't have put it on this list.



When your friend sets you up with someone and you actually click....

"My Type" by Saint Motel 

Another song that is probably not unbeknownst to you, but still tickles you pink. Saint Motel gets you and what you want. It does not mind you being picky, but appreciates it. Your type is a fine art- just like this song.



When your friend sets you up with someone and you do not click at all...

"What are you talking about?" by Peter Bjorn and John


This indie tune might be a little far out for some of you, but it would definitely be in a quirky, film. The song has sass and makes you wonder truly what your friend was thinking. It has old vibes and news vibes intertwined throughout the sass. It kind of makes me feel like I am in some sort of 80's film every time I listen to it.



When you finally go on a date, thought it went well, and they don't call back...

#ThisCouldBeUs by Doug Locke

Why yes, this song does have a hashtag in the title. That does make me like it, but that is not the only reason. We all have been there. One date and we think it went great. We start daydreaming and talking about the "what ifs" with friends. But we got ahead of ourselves...This song is that. All of that. Now, Mr. Locke probably intends it be about more than just one date, but you get what I mean.



For when you decide to give someone a second or third date, but then realize you have made a terrible mistake...

Crazy Ass B*tch by Rozzi Crane

*Warning: Obvious explicit content

This is for when we do attempt to date.  Because sometimes we forget that being single is wonderful and decide we need someone to complete us. "Gotta scratch the itch." I'm usually not a big fan of songs with a "clubby" feel, but this one has enough sass and fun to balance out that aspect [in my opinion]. It is just a fun song to break out and have a short dance party too. Plus, it reminds you that we are not alone in our crazy dating adventures.



When you get Ghosted....

"The John Wayne" by The Little Green Cars

 What starts as a sweet love story, turns into the sassy, blame, rant. The Little Green Cars perfectly capture the emotions of being ghosted and how what once was great, is not so much now. If this song were a movie, it would be one of my favorites "500 Days of Summer" because it is NOT A LOVE STORY. Things were going well right? Well, screw them. They obviously did not realize what amazing person they lost out on. Were we really ready to give up our nights alone and not having any plans? I do not know about you all, but I sure am not.



For when you actually let yourself like someone, but the feelings are not mutual...

"Rebound" by Julian Moon

This tune is pretty much my life. I always joke with my friends I am the female version of "Good Luck Chuck" because every guy I talk to or date, seems to end up with their person right after they leave me in the dust. Again, do I care? Why should I? Life has a silly way to the way it works and I am still on my pathway to figuring out what it has in store for me. "Rebound" by Miss Julian Moon is full of the sass of being the rebound girl [or guy]. It is sassy, sweet, and makes you want to sway and say... "yup. this is my life" and sing along with it.



P.s. If you like Julian Moon's sound, her whole "Good Girl" album is a solid listen and one I frequent my ears with.


When you are hopelessly in love with a person or idea that is not realistic and you do not care...

"The World is Ours" by Sinclair

A bit poppy. A bit dance-y. A bit indie. Really, this is excellent retail music [but that is the old clothing associate in me]. For those that are not thinking about songs to listen to while shopping, this song is the epitome of dreaming big and not caring. Sinclair embodies the wants and wishes of all of us in this tune. If you like to be infused with even more happiness, listen to this one with headphones. It is a trippy and fabulous experience.


 

When relationships are hard and you just cannot...

"Head On [Hold on to your Heart]" by Man Man 


The song says more than I could on this subject. & I quite like to discuss this subject. Relationships are hard. They take effort. Sometimes we just do not have it in us to do them. Whose fault is that? Not ours.


 

When you remember how wonderful the single life can be and are not sure you are ever going to be ready for a relationship. You just really want to achieve goals and do big things...

"Somethings Gonna Happen" by Ivory Layne


Uhhhhhh. The piano is this track just revs my engines. If you listen to it and it does not to that to you, can we really be friends? Probably. Because let us face it, I need all the friends I can get. But I digress. This song just makes us all remember that every day is a chance for something great to happen... no matter our situation in life. So put your headphones on, blast this tune, and prepare to take over the world.


When at the end of the day, no matter what state of single you are in, you love yourself and that is what is most important...

"Feeling Ok" by Best Coast


This song is the new Hoku, Perfect Day. A solid, morning tune. Actually, probably the only tune suitable for every Monday... which was the original intent of this playlist series. But who really likes normal playlists? Not Me. So put on this Best Coast tune today and take on this Monday with all the love you have for yourself.




Well, well, well.

Hopefully this list of tunes brings some sparkle into your Monday. Don't forget to subscribe to the playlist below! It's growing and getting weird- just like we knew it would....





Simply Weird, Sassy, and Single Shelby Sue


P.s. You're like pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of encouragement are always welcome!