Friday, April 1, 2016

I'm adiccted. It's a crisis.

I really wish I could have my titles sung to you all as you read. If you didn't read the title like a Ke$ha song, please go back and do so, then you may continue on with your reading.

While I may be 23 years old, I still enjoy myself a good cartoon. I still watch Spongebob [though the new episodes are crap]. I still quite frequently watch Disney and Pixar movies. Toy Story 3 is a very common movie night for me. Thanks to my six year old niece, I might even qualify as Brony because of the amount of times I have seen certain My Little Pony episodes.  And I really quite enjoy Gravity Falls, which is probably exactly why I am in my current conundrum.

Once upon a time, I was unaware about a beautiful gem of the Adult Cartoon World.


You see I enjoy South Park, though I am not sure the last time I watched it. My favorite is still the Ethriopian episode and it is quoted more frequently by myself than it probably should be. I binged Archer awhile back and got a decent laugh. Family guy gets me giggling. Heck, I still have a Simpson's Hit and Run game for my good ol PS2.

All these "adult cartoons" I have been aware of , but they never really were my type of humor necessarily. Somehow I did not know about a little show called Bob's Burgers. I'm only three seasons in and my life has been forever changed. I am so glad my best friends introduced me, but now I think I have a problem. And they the first step in recovery is to admit you have a problem.

I am addicted to Bob's Burgers.


I literally became addicted less than five minutes into the first episode. It is like I finally have a show that gets my sense of humor to a t.

It gets my weird side [Gene].



My somewhat hermit side [Bob].




My annoying and loud, bursting into musical side [Linda].




My awkward side [Tina].




But I relate most to Louise and now all I want to do is wear a bunny hat around 24/7. 

 



This show has encompassed every bit of me and I feel like my life is now complete knowing that someone out there gets me. So if you are someone like me, this list is for you. 

21 Ways Your Life is an Episode of Bob's Burgers.

 

1. When Tina tries to be athletic and joins a Capoeira class. It is just a sexy dance fighting class and not a sport whatsoever, but she still cannot even qualify for her yellow belt...

 


WHO WANTS TO BE GOOD AT SPORTS ANYWAY?

 

2. When Louise Dresses Up For Halloween and still includes her pink rabbit hat...



Having a normal costume is vastly overrated.  

 

3.  When you are cleaning, but find something really cool that catches your attention...


NO WORRIES! YOU JUST COMBINE THE TWO THINGS! LINDA WE ARE SPIRIT ANIMALS.

 

4. When the world gets too much, Tina just lies down on the floor...


I DO THAT.


You think I am joking, but this happens so frequently it is not even funny. You can ask my mother because she frequently laughs at me for doing so. 

5. When Louise makes an ill humored joke, you just want to high five her...



Because humor is best when it is offensive and equally hilarious.

 

 6. When you try to make  a comeback...


...But you have lost your swagger or never really had any swagger in the first place.

 

7. When you start to fall for someone and don't know what to do with yourself...


WHAT ARE THESE FEELINGS?  

 

 8. When it completely gets you not liking summer whatsoever...

 

Why must it be so warm?

 

9. When very single birthday, Christmas, or event you get a weird gift and you are full of all the happy feels...

 

 

IT'S LIKE THEY KNOW YOUR SOUL. 

 

10. When someone tries to show you affection...


  YOU DO NOT DO HUGS. SERIOUSLY. STOP.


11.  When you put on your unicorn onesie and feel unstoppable...


 Maybe it is just Tina and me, but animal pajamas make you feel fabulous. 



12. When you know you may lack coordination...




& you own it anyway!

 

13. When it dedicated a whole episode to the wonderful sport of baseball... 

 

 

& YOU JUST COULD NOT HANDLE HOW WONDERFUL IT WAS. ALL THE BUTT ACTION. 

 

14. When someone accuses you of having too much to drink...  

 

 

EXCUSE ME. I THINK I WOULD KNOW WHEN I HAVE HAD TOO MUCH. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

 

15. When you are unsure about going on a date with someone, so you decide to keep it real. 

 

Food is always your number one.

 

16.  When you make a somewhat questionable pun...

 

 

AND YOU HAVE ZERO CARES BECAUSE YOU KNOW IT WAS AMAZING.

 

17. When someone asks you about your weird habit or hobby...

 

Do you have a problem with me collecting postcards? So what. Like Tina, we own what we like.

 

18. When you think you live in a musical...

 

Life is better as a sing-a-long anyway. 

 

19. When you try to hit on the cutie at the bar and turn out just being plain awkward... 

 

 

We get a high five for trying at least right? 

 

20. When you have a plan and do not know when too far is too far...

 

 

WHAT IS WRONG WITH DEDICATION? NOTHING.

 

 21.  When you are so many sorts of weird, you cannot pick one....

 

& that is a-okay. 

Why? Because Bob's Burgers assures us all that at least someone out there is just like us. Weird and wonderful.


At the end of the day, the best part for me is when my two favorite shows collide...

 



& Everyone Just Dances It Out


& that is why...

I am Simply A Mix Between Linda, Tina, & Louise Shelby Sue


P.S. Let us be real. I could have kept this list going and going because Bob's Burgers is life and because I really do not have much of a life [unless you consider consistently marathon-ing different television shows a life].

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of encouragement are always welcome!